Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mom&Dad

I just wanted to use this post as a way to brag about how incredible my parents are.  Father's day is coming up, and my mom's birthday is on the 17th.  I'll be out of contact in Spain at that time, so I wanted to give a quick shout-out on here before I leave.  I really wish I could be able to celebrate with them, but we have plenty of fun adventures coming up.

This entire experience abroad would not have been possible without them.  Their support through all of this overwhelms me, and I am constantly reminded of how lucky I am.  Although, admittedly, my study abroad experience wasn't the most academic thing I've ever done, they understand that I'm benefiting from traveling and widening my perspective.  Not everyone fully appreciates the value of traveling and experiencing different cultures, so I'm really lucky that I have parents that do.

I'm surprised at how little homesickness I've experienced.  I expected there to be times when I desperately wished to be home, but that never happened.  However, I will say that it's definitely been hard being away from Mom and Dad for so long.  I've never been away from home for more than a couple of months, so it's been a challenge.  We videochat about once a week, but it's still nothing like being home with them.  And I really miss my mom's cooking.

I firmly believe that I have the best parents in the entire world.  No offense to any of you mothers or fathers out there, but these guys take the gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment